September 29, 2010

Extreme Sports... Take Two!!

The event today is how fast can we switch places in our high chairs? The girls were sitting comfortably in their high chairs eating fish crackers. For some reason I decided this would be a good time switch the laundry. These girls are fast and fearless! The laundry room is right next to the kitchen so I thought I would be able to hear them... When I came out they both started giggling when they saw me. Both girls had gotten out of their high chairs and were on each others trays starting to get into their new seats! The time it took them to do this... 2 minutes!!

Later that evening, They played how fast can you snatch Daddy's chips? We were finishing up dinner and Daddy had left 2 chips on the table while he was drawing the girls' bath water. I went into the kitchen (which is basically the same area as the dining room) turned around and put the enchiladas in the fridge. You would have thought I had learned my lesson from the days previous event, but thinking I was right there they wouldn't try anything, boy was I wrong! Within those few seconds of turning my back to put the enchiladas in the fridge Kara decided she would be the one to go for the chips! When I turned around she had gotten out of her high chair crawled across the table and grabbed both chips. The girls thought it was pretty funny. I went over to her but let her finish to see what she was going to do. She crawled back to Allie and gave her a chip. What a sweet sister to share in the prize :)

Earlier I had caught them in the act of trying to scale their changing table. Looks like that one is leaving very soon! They also like to try and get on the window sills since they have a ledge where they can stand. Every time they try one of these tricks I just shake my head and say "your brother never did this!" Soon we will have nothing left in our house, as our little monkeys use the most basic things to get climb on. With Trevor we were able to tie the kitchen chairs to the table legs, but not with the girls, they will use those chairs to climb on the table. So if you ever come to our house, that is why you will never see chairs at the table, except for when we are eating :)

No comments: