July 15, 2011

Kara, Kara, Kara

I think Kara wants to join big brother in the ER department. Last week all three were playing hide and seek. They were having so much fun laughing and giggling and running through the house. Kara decided to hide in our closet, which we have told her not to numerous times as it has a metal frame. I told her to come out and she started screaming. I thought she was upset I told her to come out. She wasn't coming out and once I got her out I noticed her foot covered in blood. She sliced her big toe right at the part where the skin and nail meet. She also sliced a little on the side too. It took awhile to get it to stop and the skin was not going back together. So I took her to urgent care. Because of the area it was at and her age we decided not to get stitches and put on steri strips. I thought they would last overnight as it was late in the evening. But of course they were off by morning. She will have a scar, but as it is her big toe it will not be that noticeable. Everyday she tells us to be careful of her blood. The toe is slowly healing. It looks like she will be keeping her toenail!


A few days after her toe she got her hand shut in the door where the hinges are. Her knuckle starting swelling right away. I thought she might have broken it. Since again this was late in the evening I gave her some tylenol and ice. She was able to open and close her hand but she said it hurt. By morning it was a little bruised. She said it hurt, but yet she was playing with that hand just fine. I am so glad that ther were no broken bones. This one she doesn't even talk about. Never a dull moment around here :)

1 comment:

Karla Marsh (and family) said...

Oh to be a mommy!! I love how she says "be careful of my blood" . . . it's those silly little moments you'll want to remember forever!!