May 15, 2010

How Comedies are Made

This morning started as innocently as any other. Once I heard the girls talking in their room, I went in so I could change them and get them ready for the day. Once I picked them up I realized they were soak and wet. Even the sheets were wet. I knew this would be trouble. Once I got the clothes off I noticed there was white gel all over them. The diapers had exploded as they were so wet! I couldn't get the gel off of them by washing them with a towel, so I took both girls put them in the tub and hosed them off. They were not impressed to say the least. Of course the towels are in the other bathroom and I had nothing to dry them off with. I quickly went across the hall to their bedroom and got the fleece blankets they had slept with. Which of course were soaked too... I wrapped them up and dried them off.

Finally I gave the girls their sippy cups only to discover later that I forgot to put the plastic valve cover on the lids. Milk was everywhere! The hardwoods, them (of course they were just bathed minutes ago), the rug and couch. This was all before 9:00 a.m.

A little later I was getting ready for our play date. As I was in the bedroom changing the sheets I hear lots of laughter and what sounds like toys being dumped on the floor. I knew it was trouble just from the sounds. I finished with the beds as that had to be done. Once I got into the playroom Kara and Allie dumped every bin of toys onto the floor. The gate was also left open to the other hallway and they got into the toy closet and dumped all those toys too. There were cars, little people, stackable toys, etc all over the floor! I kept the mess on the floor as I knew 4 little boys were coming over soon to play with Trevor. The house would get messy anyway.

Since it was sunny and warm we played outside. I was sitting on the deck talking with my friend watching our kids play in the backyard. I noticed Allie squatting intently playing with something. I couldn't see what it was so I went over to look. It was poop! Why did it have to be Poop! I know if Scott was home he would have grabbed the video camera before cleaning her up, but not me. I quickly took her in the house to wash her up. This is crazy, we don't even have dogs! This should not be a problem for us as we have cats! But, of course, our cats weren't given that memo so they use the grass for their catbox.

The kids had a picnic lunch outside and then frozen yogurt for dessert. They were filthy form head to toe! I had to get Trevor to preschool. The first time all year that he had been late. That just went along with the rest of my morning :)

I went back home, cleaned the girls up, got them in bed and relaxed. They fell asleep right away as they were exhausted. They woke up right before we had to pick Trevor up from preschool which is something they don't do very often. Most of the time I have to wake them from their nap and they are not happy about that! The girls were in a great mood, so we decided to go to Costco. It went very smoothly! We came home, played in the backyard, had a picnic dinner on the deck, then went to the park and played some more when Daddy came home. It is amazing how different the last half of the day was compared to the first! I swear I can't make these things up even if I tried :) This is life with a preschooler and twin toddlers...

No comments: