October 27, 2010

Picture Day

So I thought I'd try getting the kids' pictures done again. I made sure to get the first appointment in the morning so there would be no waiting. After we parked and I got everyone out of the car, I drop a sippy cup and it rolls under the car, right in the middle of course. That would have to wait until later... We get to the Picture People (where I have never had a good experience)one minute before our appointment. I was pretty proud of myself :) I check in and we are told they will be with us shortly...

20 minutes later we finally get in...grrr... What happened to getting the first appointment of the day!?! Of course by this time the girls want nothing to do with pictures and they want to eat and play. At least Trevor was minding :) The photographer was wonderful! She patiently waited for Allie to stop crying and got some wonderful shots of her playing. Silly Bandz and goldfish did the trick. Kara on the other hand kept it up for almost the whole photo shoot. Part of the time the girls had thrown themselves on the floor. The joy of 2 year olds :)

At the very end something switched in Kara and she was happy and wanted her picture taken. We got some very cute pics of all 3. Separately of course... Getting the 3 of them to pay attention and look at the camera at the same time is more of a dream than a reality :)

We waited for our pictures, another 45 minutes, that were only suppose to take 5 minutes. Go Figure. Of course the kids became restless and starting running around the lobby and climbing on and off the chairs. I strapped the girls in their stroller and they protested rather loudly. Finally by the time we got out of there with our pictures it was over 2 hours later. The other frustrating part was they wouldn't accept my coupon that THEY sent me!! Okay enough about that.

We then went over to the play area and met Wyndi, Izzy and Nola. It was great seeing Trevor and Izzy playing, running and jumping around. Especially since when they met Trevor was 5 days out of open heart surgery and Izzy was awaiting hers. They shared a room for a couple days. To remember how far these two have come is amazing. Especially to see them as the energetic kids they are today.

Trevor and the girls shared yummy pretzels and went to build a bear where Trevor got to stuff his first doggy which he named Trevor Jr.

Once we got back to the car Trev reminded me of the sippy under the car. I drove out of the parking stall, parked the car and retrieved the sippy, once the kids were all buckled in of course :) As I was getting the sippy someone drove up and had to wait for us. They didn't look to happy, but I did have to save that sippy, Trevor's request. I had counted it lost as soon as it rolled under the car.

No comments: