November 2, 2010

Volunteering

Recently I had the chance to help out in Trevor's Kindergarten class. It was a lot of fun. I took him to school and we got to his class. I helped the teacher get books ready for a lesson coming up. The first 20 minutes the kids did busy work while the teacher was gathering all their folders from the day before and taking attendance.

The kids had their first science lesson and they learned about the different feels of fabric and what you would use different fabrics for. I helped kids cut out pieces of fabric and they made collages. I was able to stay for two hours. 5 year olds are very busy but such a fun age! I walked with Trevor to the playground. He knew I would be leaving at that time but he was more interested in going out to play with his friends. His teacher said I was leaving and Trevor never turned around, he just ran off! I called him back hugged him and told him I'd see him after school. He quickly hugged me, said bye, and was off and running with his friends. I'm glad he is having such a good time at school. I can't wait until I get the chance to go back and help. I just need to find some friends willing to watch the girls for me :) 

No comments: