February 4, 2011

Seriously!?!... Part 2

Sometime during the night on Tuesday Trevor came into our bed saying his tummy really hurt. (Later he told us that it hurt so bad he had to crawl to us). He fell asleep pretty quickly so I didn't think much of it. When we woke up in the morning Trev looked a little pale, and had the sniffles and the starting of a cough. I was right, he was getting sick...

He stayed in my bed and watched cartoons all morning. Not moving an inch. He refused to eat during the day. I pushed fluids on him and flavored his water with apple juice. Around noon he started to scream in pain that I had to carry him to the bathroom. I thought he might have a tummy bug at this point.  I rushed him to the bathroom and he was in so much pain. This scared me, I started pushing on his tummy and he would scream. I then tried his sides and back and he was fine. I then called the Dr. right away. We got an appt. for 3:20 about 2 hours away. It didn't seem fast enough, but I needed to find someone to watch the girls. My gut instinct told me something was really wrong.

I made a few phone calls and finally Bri came to the rescue! From talking with her and looking things up online it looked like he may have appendicitis. I sure hope my gut instinct is wrong! Okay here is the part of the story where someday I will find the humor in all this:

Since I knew that Trev could not walk on his own  I loaded him up in the mini before Bri got here. Once Bri pulled in, she pointed out that I had a flat tire. You have to be kidding right!  I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry at this point. I finally pulled it together and Bri offered me her car. She then informed me she was out of gas and I would need to fill it up. By this point I had about 15 minutes to get to the appointment and it was about 15 minutes away! We load Trev up get to the gas station and some not very nice person pulls in front of me. Arrgh! I quickly get gas add a little extra as a thank you, and back up in a weird angle to get out of there!

We finally arrive at the Dr's. office 10 minutes late. Did I mention because of the insurance change this is a brand new Dr. who has never met Trevor before! I was impressed of his knowledge on Trev's defect and that made me a little more comfortable with his new Dr. 

I told the nurse what I thought was wrong with him. The Dr. asked a few questions about Trevor first and I told him that I thought it was his appendix. After examining him he said that yes I was right. Why did I have to be right!?! I told him it was great meeting him and welcome to your new patient :) The first day he meets Trevor it is for an emergency. Hopefully he is prepared. Trev has a lot of tricks up his sleeve!

The Dr. informed me they would not be taking him by ambulance and that because of his heart history he wants him to go to Childrens. Great! That was my first choice also. But over an hour away in the middle of traffic. Lovely. The Dr. told me they would call Childrens and they would be expecting me. I go to call Scott from my cell and the battery is dead! The nurse lets me use there phone and and call Scott. He is not answering his work phone or cell... Not good. The nurse looks up the main work number on the computer and we go from there. Of course I am put on hold for 5 minutes and transferred twice as I tell them who I am, and what is going on and I need to get a hold of Scott now. Finally I get a hold of one of his co-workers who passes the info along. I then go to the car only to find out I do not have Bri's keys! Are you kidding me!?! We go back inside and they are sitting on the desk. I must have put them down while making phone calls.

No comments: