February 4, 2011

Looking back it all adds up... Part 1

On Sunday Trevor started to complain that his right side hurt when he jumped on the trampoline. (He seemed fine otherwise, running around the house playing) We told him not to jump then if it hurt. He said, "no, I like jumping" So we figured it must not hurt that bad then. The same thing happened on Monday, we told him the same thing.

Tuesday morning we got him up for school and all seemed fine. I packed him his favorite lunch, pancakes. When he arrived home he did not run to me, which he usually does, but walked slowly. I asked him if he had a tough day. He said his tummy hurt. Once inside I looked through his backpack and noticed that he only ate 1 pancake. I asked if he was hungry and he said no. I figured he must be coming down with something. He took it easy until dinner and just picked at dinner. At 7:30 he volunteered to go to bed. Yes, he must be getting sick! So we started to get ready for bed. It was perfect as the girls had not napped that day either. While brushing teeth Trevor asked if his Daddy could do it and carry him to his room. He was asleep within 5 minutes!

I decided that since he did not have school on Wednesday I would let him stay in my bed and watch cartoons. It seemed he was coming down with something and I wanted him to get his rest so he could go to school on Thursday. 

No comments: