January 23, 2015

Trevor is going to heart camp... In California!?!

Now that Trevor is getting older he is asking more questions about his heart. (He is 9 now). I thought it would be a great idea for him to connect with other kiddos like himself. Of course the closest camp for kids with congenital heart defects is in California!!! SO, it looks like we are going to California this summer!!! BUT that also means that we need to raise money for this to happen. I talked with Trev about the importance of meeting other kiddos like himself and at the same time it would mean more to him if he helped earn it. Of course my sweet, loving kiddo agreed with me right away. So, as of this weekend he is being hired out to do housework and yardwork for family and friends. He has been so excited to earn money for camp! I'm nervous and excited about him going to camp. I love that there is medical staff readily available and all the kiddos are going through something similar. I LOVED camp as a kid and still remember all the crazy goofy things we did. How they ever let me be a counselor at 16 I'll never understand ;) But it was truly a magical time for me as a camper and counselor. I hope Trev has the same experience. And here is to Trev to raising money to go to camp this year! 





No comments: