June 3, 2009

3 ring circus

Here is a glimpse of my morning with Trevor and the twins...

This morning when the girls got up I went to change them. When I got to Allie I changed her diaper, but it was completely dry! Now if this were Trevor I would have been ecstatic! But since it was my 8 month old, I knew something wasn't right. I called the Dr. and they wanted to see her. It was 7:50 am when I called. They asked to bring her in right away at 8:20. Of course we were not dressed nor had we eaten. The Dr. is about 20 minutes away. So we left in our pj's and I was going to change later at my moms house. We got to the Dr. right at 8:20 I was so proud of myself! We get into the exam room and of course Trevor must start playing with everything. He is not happy there are no children books in the room (This is a pediatric Dr.?) Well, I get Allie out and they weigh her, she is down a couple ounces from Monday. (Both girls have ear infections so we were just in two days ago!) Then as the Dr. is examining Allie, she finally decides to pee! Right on the Dr. So we clean Allie up get another diaper under her and she pees everywhere, a lot! Now if she could have done this last night, we wouldn't have to be here :) Anyways, Trevor decides at this time he wants to see what is in the hall, so he starts to leave. Luckily the nurse stopped him. A couple minutes later he announces he has to pee and starts walking out of the room. Luckily the nurse helps him to the bathroom. In the meantime, I forgot the girls' bottles since I was in a hurry. The Dr. Office had pre made 2oz samples, so I was using those. I was so scattered at this point from keeping Trevor away from everything and trying to listen to the Dr. that I didn't put the lid on right for Allie's bottle and I gave her a bath in formula! So we had to clean her again! Poor girl is not feeling well, and now she has had a pee and formula bath all in 10 minutes. Trevor in the meantime is now playing with the paper they put on the exam table. (the rolled up part behind the exam table) I am sure they were so glad to see us leave! I told the Dr. I understood if she told her staff what happened. I am sure someone needed a good laugh today. I was so stressed by the time I left. It was only 9:30am. The rest of the day was much better thankfully. We went to Kindermusik, the park and played in the water. We are loving this hot weather! Oh yeah, it ended up that Allie was getting dehydrated. So we are giving her extra water and pedialyte. She is doing much better today, and plenty of wet diapers. Just a little glimpse of life with twin babies and a 3 year old :)

No comments: