June 15, 2009

Allie's Fall

Yesterday after the girls woke up from their nap I put them in the same crib. They were all smiles as they love this. They love to stand up and hold onto the rails. They can't get into a standing position yet, so I stand them up. We have done this many times, but yesterday it all went wrong. I had just stood Allie up and she was all smiles as I was standing her sister next to her. As I did this, the bar fell down I caught Kara but Allie tumbled out and bumped her head on the crib and scratched her face. She screamed for a couple minutes then snuggled in. I think it was more traumatic for Mommy than Allie. I called the Dr. and she told me things to watch for. So far she seems to be doing great. I had to wake her every 4 hours last night and make sure she could fully wake up. So at 4am she decided this was kinda fun and stayed up for a couple hours and played and giggled. I was so exhausted today as I could not get a nap in. With 3 kids those are far and few between. Talk about Mommy guilt. All day I have been checking the side rail to make sure it is securely in. I think I will be checking that for a very long time. We never experienced this with Trevor. Keep Allie in your prayers that she continues to do well. We have to observe her until Wednesday morning.

No comments: