March 20, 2011

Ladybugs need friends too...

This weekend we have been outside enjoying the beautiful weather. We found a ladybug and showed it to the kids. They thought is was pretty exciting. The girls squealed with delight as we put it in their hands. Trevor had then taken it and I thought he eventually had let it go.

Later I noticed all three kids were gathered around their dump truck.  I looked inside and their was one lone ladybug amongst many squiggly worms. I asked why they were all in there. Trevor replied " I'm looking for friends for my ladybug". Of course! I wouldn't want it to get lonely :) The kids spent an hour looking for bugs so the ladybug and worms would have lots of friends to play with. Worms do not bug me, but I would rather not touch them. I asked Trevor why he wanted to hold them, "because I like when they dance in my hands" :) 

No comments: