March 5, 2011

Next he'll want to go shopping for real.

Recently I have been teaching Trevor how to count money. He knows how to count by 1's, 5's, and 10's. I was amazed at how fast he caught on how to start counting by 10's (dimes) then go right to 5's (nickels) and then to 1's (pennies).  We have been playing store. I write down the price on a sticky note and attach it to the item. I then place coins in front of him and have him count them and see if he has enough to buy the item or not. He got everyone right! I was surprised at how fast he caught on! He asked if we could go to the store so he can buy something using his change. I told him we need some more practice at home first. He is learning so fast. This kid amazes me!!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

See Jackie- you're great at homeschooling!!! :)