June 2, 2013

GKTW Day 1

We were walking to the stall to find our rental van. As we were walking we seen a lot of mini vans in all different colors. We were hoping for any color than red as we have a red truck and red mini van... We found our stall with our van and the color was..... RED!! I guess it will be easy to remember what van is ours We were SO excited to be in Florida on our way to Give Kids The World! We pulled up to the village and it was AMAZING!!!



It was about 8am when we got there so we went to the front desk to get checked in. Allie and Kara got a cute stuffed whale and Trev got a Mickey Mouse. By the time we were done checking in it was about 8:30. We did not have breakfast on our meal card so they gave us a voucher for breakfast. We walked over to the Gingerbread house to get breakfast. There was so much to take in... The whole place is just AMAZING!!! I had about 30 minutes before I had to be at the 9am orientation. The waffles were the best part of breakfast! The kids had chocolate milk some fruit and fruit loops. I think this would become their daily breakfast when we ate their in the mornings! It was great to have someone help with all the trays.


the Gingerbread house where we ate breakfast and dinner


Our first meal at GKTW. The food was great!

I went and sat through orientation which I almost fell asleep in! I had not slept since the morning before when I woke up about 8am and now it was 9am the next day!

Meanwhile Scott, my Dad and the kids went and ate ice cream... I was not too impressed they went without me!


Trev enjoying his first of many ice cream trips... I think some days they had ice cream 3 times in a day!!

After the meeting I was just too tired from not sleeping all day... I needed sleep! But first we had to find out where our villa was! The kids and I got on the little cart and we rode to find our villa while Scott and my Dad drove behind us. The lady driving the cart got lost and we finally found our villa!


Trev examining the gifts that were left for the them. We were right across from the pool and right next to Elmer the sleeping tree... We never did see him wake up



We seen these cute little guys everywhere! We tried to catch them but no luck! The only ones we see here are in the pet store! They were fun to have around!

By this time it is about 9:30 in the morning and I HAVE to sleep! I can barely keep my eyes open. I tried to take a nap but it didn't really work. So after about an hour of resting we decided to go swimming. The kids did not like the idea of sunscreen but it had to be done. Good thing Grandpa was there to put it on them... Of course there was no fussing for him So we were off to the pool. The kids were excited it was across the street!






Once Kara was swimming she could care less that I never got her a Rapunzel suit... She was just excited to finally be swimming after months of not being able to!

No comments: