June 3, 2013

Sea World Day 2 Part 1

For some reason I woke up at 6:45am... I NEVER do that at home!! Plus with the time change it was like 3:45am!!! My Dad was up early too as I could hear the TV in the other room. It was SO hard to get the kids and Scott out of bed though. Finally by 9am everyone was awake. When we went outside the driveway was flooded from all the rain during the night. The forecast had called for rainy stormy conditions but it was HOT and DRY outside! My Dad and I went over and grabbed breakfast for all of us and brought it back to the villa. It took awhile to get the kids in the car as they were chasing the lizards trying to catch them Finally by 9:30 we were loaded up and on our way!



We arrived about 10am. First thing we did was take a picture of the area our car was parked so we would not forget!! A great tip we learned from GKTW. We got a couple pics in when we first got in then we headed over to the sting rays. The kids each got a little packet of food to feed them. The kids loved trying to feed them and touch the sting rays! We all got a little wet as they splashed the water trying to get the food! We all had fun. We took a little break had a much needed snack and some water. I had packed only 6 water bottles and a few snacks as we couldn't bring much more into the park. I was sure we could fill our water bottles up but as we found out you do not want to drink the water there! Even the water from the counter service areas had a hint of that awful taste! We just went without water once we ran out and had icees, and ice cream instead to satisfy our thirst.

We then headed over to the Shamu show. It was hot so we found seats in the shade and the kids did not want to get wet.... I was really hoping to sit in the soak area! The show was good but Scott and I thought it was missing something. We both had went to the one in San Diego about 15 years ago so I vaguely remember some of it. The last one we went to the trainers rode on the whales and got in the water with them. That was one of the most exciting parts but they did not do it this time. It was still a good show and nice to get out of the hot weather for a bit. My Dad bought misting fans for all of us. Too bad we could only use them for two days out of our stay...



No comments: