July 28, 2010

Extreme Sports... Toddler Style!

For the first event we have the potty chair standoff. Whoever can get their potty chair on the kitchen chair and stand on top of the potty chair wins.
And the winner is... Kara!

Our second event involves a shelving system in the bedroom closet. Whoever can stand on the shelves and reach the books (almost 4' off the ground) and successfully get one book down without being stuck or falling off wins.
And the winner is... Allie!

We are tied at the moment. Stay tuned for more from Extreme Sports... Toddler Style!

***DISCLAIMER*** No toddlers were injured or encouraged to do these stunts. They thought it out all on their own. Potty chairs and books have since been moved to a different location after discovering our talented twins.

The potty chair event happened while I was cooking dinner. Trevor started laughing, "hurry mommy, you have to see this!" When I got to the living room (Where the chairs had been kept do to the girls climbing the table and into their high chairs...) Kara was proudly standing on top of her potty chair which was placed on the kitchen chair. Allie's potty was also on top of the chair, but she was still climbing when I found her.

After removing the chairs and potties I went to finish dinner. The girls went into their room. There isn't much in there for them to get into. Or so I thought until I heard the screams. I went in and Kara was stuck on the shelves and couldn't get down. I grabbed Kara turned around and was comforting her. In the meantime Allie thought it would be a great idea to try and climb the shelves. By the time I seen this and put Kara down Allie had grabbed two books. I removed her and started to remove the books. She tried climbing again... Never a dull moment around here :)

No comments: